Add Cloudflare #
Posted 23rd November, 2018
Among other things, Cloudflare provides DNS services. This means that Cloudflare can run your nameservers and serve the DNS records you wish to serve. Cloudflare can be used instead of your domain registrar or hosting provider nameservers.
Cloudflare offers numerous benefits, including:
- Cloudflare is free for basic DNS services.
- Cloudflare can route web page requests via its own servers, essentially offering DDOS protection.
- Because of the routing, Cloudflare DNS updates can seem near-instant compared to using standard nameservers.
- Cloudflare can offer a free SSL certificate,
Adding Cloudflare is straightforward. The Fixed.net team can handle this on your behalf provided you have a Cloudflare account setup.
- Sign up for Cloudflare account
- Add your domain
- Cloudflare will automatically search for existing records. Check these against your current DNS setup.
- Update your domain nameservers to those suggested by Cloudflare. It will be something like
- Once done, the DNS will serve from Cloudflare once the nameservers are updated.